Designer & Developer Insights
A series of insights obtained from watching videos of designers and developers at work.
- Solve the problem on paper first.
- Solve the most difficult screen first.
- Before you show people a prototype make sure it looks good. The details of the design must be fleshed out.
- Start with the screen people spend 90% of their time on. Once that is established the rest of the app will come easy.
- Be slow and methodical.
- Take frequent breaks for mind & body.
- Its not about the code – its your understanding of the problem that matters.
- No one creates perfect code right off the bat. Start by getting something working and then improve upon it.
- When spiraling out of control collect your thoughts and think through the problem before continuing.